Day 22 - June 6 – Fly Basin in Takush Harbor
It rained all night but it is not raining today ---- yet!
The harvesters all jumped into ‘Drag’n’ and went out to harvest. 5 people, and 10 crab and prawn pots came back with, lots of untouched salt water-soaked chicken, 3 female (non-keeper) crab and 1, I repeat 1 male keeper sized crab. Okay lesson learned; we don’t need to crab/prawn here again. Tom went out in his own boat by himself to harvest his catch. His luck was not much better.
Time for an adventure. Glen said it was time for an adventure in the small boats. This means getting cold and wet. Note – take ones shower AFTER the adventure.
The adventure - Steve and Michelle joined us in Drag’n while Dave and Jane joined the Miner’s in ‘Debt’, Willard and Diane went in ‘Tini’. Glen had said it was going to be a short trip. LOL I’ve heard that story before. So, I put on an extra layer including rain pants, hat, and gloves and tossed a blanket in for good measure. We were gone for several hours. Cruised all around the islands in the area. We didn’t go look at it but this is the area that we found the Dodge Power Wagon truck parked next to the water and rusting out in 2018. I’m sure it is still there. Sights included the normal – Rock, water, and trees. A couple small waterfalls, large areas on the hill sides that had been logged in the last couple years. I spotted something near a large log, it looked odd, so looked again, it was a good sized Brown/Grizzly bear standing on its hind legs looking at us. It quickly bolted into the trees so no photos could be taken. Rats! But this proves that there are browns in the area. A bit later I using my ‘I spy with my little eye’ I spotted a black bear on a log. I called out bear again and this time the critter stayed put long enough for a few photos.
First sighting at a distance
Black Bear eating muscles growing on a log
Afternoon snack
We went in to take a closer look at the log to see what he was eating
I’ll have to get a couple bear photos from Michelle from when we got closer to shore.
The SD card for my big camera turned out full. What the heck! I thought I’d emptied that in prep for the 2022 summer trip.
I quickly deleted about 10 old photos from the SD Card so I’d have some space in case we came across that perfect thing needing a photo on the rest of the adventure.
Michelle’s photo … those are muscles in his mouth
Road closed due to low tide
Our big boats are just on the other side of this ‘shortcut’, but alas the tide was too low to scoot through so it was go back the way we came, the long way around.
When we got back to the big boats we had a quick snack and I indulged in a HOT shower, boy did that feel good. Next task that SD card. It’s empty now!
I move photos the pre-summer 2022 photos from camera and onto the laptop. I have been good about copying the newly taken photos to the laptop every couple days as a backup, and for posting to the blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment