Thursday, June 9, 2022

Day 19 – June 3rd -- Port McNeil

 

Day 19 – June 3rd   --   Port McNeil

 

Woke up to wet sky and ground, you guessed it, it was raining.   Those going golfing met their taxi about 10:15 with their coats, hats, and umbrella's for a wet adventure.   Glen was even in long pants.   I think the first day for long pants since Seattle.

 

Today is Shawn's birthday.  Happy Birthday to our son.   He just can't be 40 today, we are not old enough to have a 40 yr old son.   Maybe I will bake a cake for him today.   Of course, we will have to eat it for him since he is not here. 

  

I am going to spend the day doing household/boat chores and working on some paperwork projects for the NSP.

  

I heard a noise and then they came.   I looked up and 12 jet skis pulled into the harbor, right along side Magic.  I opened the door and started taking photos and talking to these guys.   Two group leaders and 10 'customers'.  They left Seattle (really left from Edmonds) on Wednesday (two days ago) and are headed to Ketchikan and then some on to Juneau Alaska.  First leg – Seattle to Nanaimo,  Second leg – Nanaimo to Campbell River, Today – Campbell River to Port McNeil.   What a hoot.   Some of them don't even speak English.  One of the guys who chatted with me is from Brisbane Australia, three others are from Bolivia and two don't speak a word of English.  One guy is from Seattle and is part of the Queen City YC – Freddie A.  He has a motor vessel named Venus. 

 

The Aussie came down to Magic and asked me for my number and email address, and showed me some video of their trip on his phone.  About the time they got to their hotel; I got a text.    "Hi, Liz this is Jet ski George."   George is a hoot and has been sending me texts and links to his adventure videos.

      

Jet Ski George

 

One of the guides – Mark F.  He does this during the summer and moves boats around in Florida during the winter.  Tough life.  😊

 

I spoke to Scott M. the owner of the company who leads every adventure and it is clear that these trips are a hoot and a bucket list item for many. 

Well, that is if you can stand being on a jet ski for multiple hours a day.

 

For more information on this companies adventures, and to see a great video, look at…

https://dangerouswateradventures.com/route/passage-for-sitka/

 

One of the gang

 

 

We called Shawn on the phone after dinner and the group sang Happy Birthday to him.  Told him to blow out the candle, which he needed a bit of help doing.  Then we ate his cake.    It was a Lemon and Cucumber Cake.  New recipe and not bad.   Of course, there was ice cream with it.

 

Shawn's birthday cake

 

 

No comments: