Sunday, July 17, 2016

July 10 - July 10 - Sitka to Kalinin then on to Ford Arm

July 10 – Sitka to Kalinin then on to Ford Arm

 

Gray skies this morning.     We said farewell to Sitka until the next trip north, and headed out toward the ocean.   The original plan was to stop in Kalinin Bay in the afternoon and for the night letting the new fishing crew get their lines wet.   But when we got there the water looked so good for crossing the next section that Glen made that suggestion and everyone agreed.  So another 20 miles was traveled with rollers, and other non ‘Liz water’ type conditions.   I hunkered down and did my routine to ward off being seasick.   Let’s just say when we actually got anchored in the bay that we stopped in several hours later I was a lovely shade of ‘green’.   I had to lay low the rest of the afternoon and evening.  I went to bed a lighter shade of green. 

The entrance toward Ford Arm was a bit rock filled.  Glen stood guard and gave verbal directions to each boat as it came thru some of the rocks and islands.  No props were polished today.

 

 

No comments: