May 10
Travelers at dinner in Port McNeill:
Linda & Pete - Spirit Bear, Steve & Michelle - Nelsea, Tom & Chris - Miner’s Debt,
Jeff & Fran - Salpare, Glen & Liz - Magic Moment, and Diane & Willard - Sea Life
Morning came early for me as usual. I was up by 5-5:30am and started working on some things that I needed the internet for. Lucky for me there were not a lot of people up so the bandwidth was not bad until about 7am. Jeff and Fran pulled out just before 6am; they like to take that sailboat of theirs and slip out before many are up. The rest of us did boat chores etc… until about 11am and then started heading out. The gang went to Blunden Harbor for the night and hoped to catch a bunch of crab. I had a conference call at 5pm and Glen didn’t think we’d have cell service at Blunden so we went up the Vancouver Island side. We stopped at Port Hardy for a quick visit, then on to Bell Island. While in Port Hardy while walking across the marina parking lot a car pulled in and asked Glen if he knew where the store was, he told them, then realized that it was the friends of Patrick and Miriam Gill who we’d met the night before in Port McNeill. They had a rental car and were now exploring the island before heading home. They gave us a ride into town and dropped us off. We explored a bit and then walked back to the marina and headed out.
Michelle called about 3pm to tell us that they had cell service at Blunden. She called while we were just about to get to our anchoring spot so we just continued. Besides the wind had come up and the ride was getting bumpy/lumpy. I managed to stay connected throughout my call so that went well. Followed that with another couple quick calls. Then spent the rest of the evening hanging out and reading. Glen read a book while I read and started editing a large document. I had a conference call at 5pm and Glen didn’t think we’d have cell service at Blunden. I also watched the guys at the fish farm that we anchored just up the bay from. Our anchorage was like sitting in the middle of a narrow cut between two islands. Very pretty and well protected.
Sunset – Bell Island
Had a light dinner and then more reading – for me a book this time. Curled up in a blanket on the couch until most 10, then moved down stairs.


No comments:
Post a Comment