Friday May 6 – Octopus Islands
Pulled out around 8am heading for the Octopus Islands. Left early so that we could hit Hole in the Wall at slack tide or there about.
The sun is out, the water is flat and all is good. Glen found some cell service and called the phone company to find out why my phone and our MiFi were not working and get them fixed. Long story short, he managed to get my phone working again (after switching the plan again), but the MiFi needs to be replaced. Apparently this model does not work in Canada anymore, due to Verizon changing their systems. They are sending a new MiFi that will work in Canada to the office so that they can then figure out how to get it to us. So my internet access will be greatly limited for a while.
The rapid were not very rapid but enough to swirl around a bit. Put our prawn pot down on the way in, time will tell who wins – the prawn or the people. We anchored in the first cove of the Octopus Islands. Hot afternoon, feels like August.
Dinner included (for some) the oysters (fried) we harvested yesterday. After dinner some of the group went by dinghy to ‘run the rapids’. I stayed back, as I like being alive. Glen has a slight tendency to let a little too much ‘kid’ come out when he does things like that. This time was no different. Apparently he with Steve as a passenger decided to go full tilt into a standing wave, or something like that. They came out okay but basically turned the dinghy inside out … rolling the inflated tubes under the boat. Yep apparently when they came out of the wave there was no front tubes visible.
Glen, dinghies don’t run well that way, and are not designed to be run that way. Lucky for him I was not with him. He would be dead and I would be in jail … wait I’m sure I could have gotten off on a claim of self-defense. Of course the boys thought this was great fun.
There will be no ‘get out of jail free card’ for Glen. He may have hosed one of our camera’s at the same time. I’m trying to dry it out now, but salt water is not good for electronics.
Glen seems to think that the dinghy is fine now that he has the tubes back where they belong.

1 comment:
I seem to remember hearing from you that Glen thought props were disposable so this doesn't surprise me at all. Orit
Post a Comment