Thursday, August 21, 2008

Octopus Islands

Day 94 – August 12

It was a bright sunny morning. Yippee summer is finally here. We did some exploring in the dinghy. We tried to find a cabin that Glen had heard about somewhere. Never did find it. And in talking to other boaters no one else even knew about it. While we explored I noticed a lot more boats around. I counted another 23 that I had not counted last night. With the ones that I watched leave the area early this morning (lots of people on the move between 7 and 8 am), there must have been close to or over 70 boats in the area last night. But it did not seem crowded at all.

Tom finally called as he entered the bay late in the afternoon asking where we were located. Glen gave him directions to look to his starboard and we were behind a small island. As they approached Sophie went crazy with excitement, she wagged her entire body, whined and barked. I guess she missed her Auntie Liz and Uncle Glen. As soon as they were tied up she asked to come aboard Magic.

She wiggled and wiggled, and jumped all over the place. I followed her inside where she immediately and without any commands (verbal or hand signal) rolled over. I laughed at her and she sat up, laid down, and rolled over again. I gave her a good pet and rub, but no cookie. She ran around a bit more, and then settled down for a nap.


Tom and Chris called her a traitor. A bit later I called her over and went through her drills giving her a cookie upon completion.


The humans visited exchanging highlights of our week apart.

No comments: