Day 5 – Ganges to Ladysmith
Another beautiful day with great water. I did some boat chores and worked on some NSP projects while we cruised along. NSP = National Ski Patrol; we are both still patrollers and I am still on the organizations National Board of Directors. I’ll be working on projects and attending zoom conference calls and other calls all summer long. Our new satellite system is working great and if it continues I should have good cell and internet service most if not all summer long. This will make me happy.
2 of 6 eagles that were soaring around
We anchored off Oven Island in a very protected spot. Linda and Mike tied to the SYC (Seattle Yacht Club) outstation dock about 100 feet away. Mike, Glen and I went in our Jet boat over to Ladysmith and walked through town doing a bit of antique store shopping (Mike was the only one to make a purchase). I found a beautiful antique cabinet but did not buy it. I have no place to use it at home and even less space on the boat to carry it all summer. Whew, Glen skirted that one. Oh, we did purchase some meat pies in a meat market and then of course we had to stop at the ice cream cone store.
Back to the big boats and had cocktails and dinner on Kotare, then took a walk circumnavigating the island connected to the SYC dock. It is not a big island so it only took about 30 minutes.
After the walk we went to our respective boats and just enjoyed the evening.
Critter count – about a dozen Eagles, several Heron, and other misc seabirds
No comments:
Post a Comment