Friday, July 5, 2013

Onward toward Glacier Bay



July 5 -  Onward toward Glacier Bay
We are heading out early this morning toward Glacier Bay.    We will not have internet or phone access for a while now so communications will be tough.   I've tried to get as much work done as I could while in Juneau but I'm still not done.   Blogging has taken a back seat, and posting photos, well that has been a problem too.   I will get photos posted when I can.
Other blogs from our fellow travelers ---

  • Nelsea.blogspot.com
  • Minersdebt.blogspot.com
  • www.lindaandnat.com, then click on Alaska, 2013 and, via the down arrow, click on the various pages.

These guys have had more time and some better internet access to be able to work on their blogs.  They are also doing a much better job of writing about things this year.   So remember if they saw it we probably did too!  LOL
I'm trying to get these linked to our blog but so far no luck.

Okay we are still in Juneau and it is 2:30pm.  The plan had been to leave by 9am but Glen found a pipe in the engine room (for the generator --- cooling line I think) with a hole in it.   He called around and found a welder.   Took the pipe out and borrowed the harbormasters car to get the pipe to the welder this morning.   He is currently installing the repaired pipe.   Time will tell if all will work properly.

Our repairs are done and Nat's parts and new crew are aboard.  We pulled out of Juneau at 3:00pm.  Not exactly as early as we had planned.

Juneau addition ----
M/V TOBA from RHYC has been docked just ahead of us on the dock, but the Wilson's (Tom and Barbara) are not here.  Harbor master told us that they have left for home or elsewhere and would not be back until about the 12th.   So we took one of the photos of our traveling group, printed it, wrote all our names on it, with a missed you, hope to see you soon note and slide it through their sliding door.   A note from friends to be waiting for them when they get back to Juneau.
After fixing the generator problem (discovered a hole in the heat exchanger but found a welding shop to replace the fitting) we pulled off the dock about 3pm.

Now if I could only figure out why the photos won't stay right side up when posting to this blog.  
Miss you all.   Stay tuned for more of our adventures.


No comments: