Friday, July 5, 2013

Fish, Marble, and Dodge Cove




June 19
I was up and about by 7:15 am.   The two small boats with Tom, Steve, John, Nat, Linda, and Dave were already gone heading out to catch the big ones.    The smaller dinghies are just too small to venture out there in the big swells and waves of the ocean.   Definitely not 'Liz water' out there! 

June 20-21
Went to look at an old marble quarry, very interesting.  The forest is growing up around it and is slowly making the evidence of the quarry disappear.


June 22 -  Dodge Cove
Spend the evening and night with three boats (Collier's, Mehlum's, and Dodge's) in Dodge Cove.   You will not find that place on any chart.   The Miners and Dodge's found it in 2008 and noticed that it was unnamed so we named it.   It is a small cove with rocky shores on three sides at low tide.    It is just across the island from the entrance to Wrangle Narrows.
I had need of internet and cell service so Glen and I ran out into the big waters in Flec to try to catch a link.  We found one bar on our hotspot and cell phone, which enabled me to get the work done that I had to get done and submitted before midnight 6/22.    Also got a call off to my dad  --- it's his 88th Birthday.      HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD.

No comments: