June 9 Heading to Wrangle.
I've finished with my meetings
in Denver and am heading back to Alaska.
Left hotel in Denver at 4:30am and after 3 plane and 2 time zone
changes I'm scheduled to arrive in Wrangle about 5:15pm 7:15pm in my brain, which
will make it a long day. Currently I'm in the Juneau airport waiting
for my next flight and working on this blog.
I am looking forward to getting back afloat on water instead of air.
Stay tuned for more adventures.
Continued .....
Arrived Wrangle on time.
Glen was there to meet me. The
group was golfing and they saw my plane coming in so Glen talked the lady from
the golf course to drive him to the airport to pick me up. We went back the golf course to pick up the
rest of the group and then she took us all to the marina. Got into the dinghies and went over to the
other marina where our boats were moored.
Everyone (well except the Jung's who we miss) are back so there was a
dock party with lots of fresh crab. Some of the guys decided to go out fishing for
an hour or so ..... no luck. Then
everyone went back by dink to the other harbor to go up to the pub for dinner
---- pizza. We got there at 8:30 and
they are supposed to close at 9pm. Long
story short .... they were swamped with call in orders for pizzas, no beer left
on tap, bottled beer was very scarce (the group cleaned them out), they
apparently did not know how to make a margarita for Glen (he gave up and I
think had a soda). Only three working in
the pub (bartender, waitress, and cook).
1 hr and 15min later we got the first 2 of 5 pizza's (cook 2 at a time). Oh almost forgot - staff was so 'frazzled'
with the phone orders and seeing 13 people walk in, that instead of making 12
salads, they brought us a bunch of plates and a big bowl of salad .... the
place went family style for the evening.
Linda C and her new crew were so
board that they started doing yoga in the middle of the place.
Ordering in the pub
Guest -
requested Halibut (which was on the menu)
Waitress -
'don't have any Halibut'
2nd guest -
what kind of fish do you have?
W - 'don't
have fish, we have beef'
G - I wanted
fish tacos
W - you get me
a fish and I'll make you fish
In the end we got our bellies full and left happy and
laughing at the experience.
Back to the boats and called it a night. I was exhausted having been up for 22 hours
and only having had 3 hrs of sleep the night before. I likely will take some naps to get
caught up. Good to be back aboard.
No comments:
Post a Comment