Tuesday, September 27, 2016

September 9 - To Adams Harbor, Calvert Island

September 9   Kayak Cove to Adams Harbor, Calvert Island

 

Raining again, so a lazy morning.   Glen, Diane, and I read or messed with things on our computers.  Willard was the one with too much energy.  So he went to the beach with tools …. His goal was to ‘get that chain’.   I kept suggesting to Glen that he should go play on the beach and help, but he wasn’t budging.  After a couple hours of ‘hacking’ at the log with a hatchet, and digging with a garden trowel, Willard found the trick.  Digging down about 18 inches was the answer.  He won the battle and came back with that chain and gave it to me for my ‘yard art’ collection. 

He said that the chain went pretty much directly down from the log, which means that there has been about 18 inches of sand built up over it since the log first came to the beach some years ago.

Not long after his return and the pots pulled (with nothing exciting in them) we headed out.  Yep out into the open ‘big water’.   This is the same section that we encountered bad water in 2013.  Where the Collier’s had many things go flying, their fridge open and unload onto the floor etc… as I recall we only had a few things fall from their assigned perch as we’d but most everything on the floor, but this is also where our couch came off the floor (with me on it).  Back to 2016 – one might guess I’m not really excited about this next section of this trip.

 

On the way out I spotted the Eagle nest that we’d seen in 2013.  No Eagle home today.  

 

We made it around the corner easily and down the coastline a couple miles before ducking back inside through Spitfire Channel and the Spider Islands

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: