Monday, July 28, 2008

Myers Passage

Day 75 – July 24


I was up early again today. The sun was out, and the bay reflectively flat. I love mornings like this. It was even fairly warm at 7:30am, so I had juice and read on the back deck while waiting for the others to start moving. Wish we could stay and play more here in the sunny warm weather, but the weather forecast says that the winds are due to pick up (gale force) later this afternoon and we have a longer run today. Pulled the crab pots; skunked again. Pulled anchor and headed out.

I’m on dinner duty tonight so I got an early start by making fresh French bread as we started our travels.

The water easily fits into the ‘Liz Water’ category today. A humpback whale was sighted just in front of Magic, we slowed the engines and it surfaced briefly a bit closer but then went down. Both boats sat waiting for a few minutes to see if they would resurface alongside. Nope, several minutes later it was spotted quite a ways behind Magic. No sunshine and whale photo op today. There are a fair number of logs in the water today. We passed one cruise ship headed north. Other than that, not too many boats out here.

We anchored in Myers Rapids Inlet in Myers Passage. It looked like it was a good place to explore by kayak. So while Magic’s crew prepared dinner the Debt crew went kayaking. Dinner was again served on the back deck of Magic. Dinner consisted of Crab – with Swiss baked onto slices of fresh Baguette, Bisque, and Noodles ala Crab and vegetable medley. Oh almost forgot a loaf of fresh French bread was also devoured.

During our evening slide show and movie we had dessert. Chris made her famous ‘Strawberry Milk Cake’. Everyone got their fill of calories today.

No comments: