Monday, May 10, 2021

Mother’s Day part 2

Mother's Day part 2

 

About that time heading down the channel, Glen spotted three Orca so I jumped for the camera and boy did we get a Mother's Day show!    They were on our bow so we moved right to give them room  which put them away on the port side.   

Thinking they were gone, I opened the pilot house door to try for a photo of a waterfall, and about fell over as I screamed.  An orca surfaced basically right in front of me right next to the boat.  We've never seen it before but this whale gave us a show by swimming alongside us and porpoising in our wake.  I was taking pictures like crazy.  Glen got some video.   I did get a photo of the waterfall too.  

 

Two of the best photos of the day … you will love these.

 

 If that was not exciting enough, Glen spotted a low flying plane heading our way down the channel.  I got outside fast enough with the camera but looked left instead of right, and again had the ka-gebbies scared out of me as the plane basically passed over us just barely over our top.  Sorry no photo.  But I bet he heard me scream.    It's only 10:45 and this has been an exciting day.  Oh, and I forgot to say it stopped raining.   

 


1 comment:

Jim & Cheryl Matheson said...

Fabulous photo of the Orca
Well done Lizzy!