Canada – here we come!
Day 3 - Early start as we had a 9am appointment at the Van Isle customs office for our inspection and potential approval for our trip through Canada.
Peter Jung traveled on Magic from Seattle and said he was the only MD board. Glen referred to him as ‘Co-Captain’ to the customs officers. I guess he got promoted on Monday morning. Per Peter, MD stands for Marine Domestic. He will be with the group (possibly boat hopping) until we reach Ketchikan. He does do dishes and drives occasionally, and I’ve heard but not yet seen that he can do windows too.
Customs – Yes Sir, No Sir, anything you say Sir.
Getting through the check in process was pretty simple. A phone call with lots of questions, followed by a trip to the dock and more questions and paperwork exchange. They liked our plan and thought we’d done a great job in preparations. We got clearance for a 12-day passage through Canadian waters. We were reminded to stay on course and not ---- go to shore, go into a town, or coffee shop, and basically be ‘good’. None of the four working the dock had been vaccinated. All three boats were cleared and we headed north.
Smooth water and uneventful cruise. Even Dodd Narrows was a breeze.
We stopped and anchored in Nanaimo Harbor for the night. Customs/Harbor patrol stopped by twice to check on us and ask us questions.
At 3:30pm I found out that I had a conference call at 4pm … whew, had internet access and made the call/conference. This was the first of many that I will be attending this summer.


1 comment:
I've also heard that your MD makes some pretty mean moose milk.
Post a Comment